Winemaker Spotlight: Bob Foley

foley.jpg
Brian, Jay, wine maker Bob Foley, and Leigh.

Bob Foley has long been viewed as one of the top wine makers in the Napa Valley. He is the head wine maker for many top rated wineries including: Pride Mountain, Hourglass Wine Company, Switchback Ridge and his own label Foley Vineyards.

Join us for his story and learn how he got to where he is today, his wine making philosophy and why the critics can’t stop praising his wines.

Click Here: Foley Estate Vineyards

If you enjoyed this episode check out these other related shows:

Audio #15: Shafer Vineyards with Doug Shafer
Audio #93: Mondavi – 40 Years In Napa
Audio #103: Bo Barrett and Ch. Montelena
Audio #108: Winery Profile: Trefethen Vineyards
Audio #125: Winery Profile: Staglin Family
Video #1: The Staglin Family
Audio #148: Wine Maker Profile: Mike Trujillo
Audio #197: The Wines of Dunn Vineyards

8 Responses to “Winemaker Spotlight: Bob Foley”

1. 1 Jeremy Hartley Apr 5th, 2005 at 9:28 am

Just wanted to say that I have been listening to the show for the last couple of weeks and I have to say that I think it is getting better, or maybe it is just that the last two guest have been outstanding.

Keep up the good work.

2. 2 Brian Clark Apr 5th, 2005 at 6:41 pm

Thanks for the positive comments. I think we are getting better, but you nailed it – The last few guest have been awesome. It makes our job a lot easier.

Brian Clark
    GrapeRadio

3. 3 Julex Apr 5th, 2005 at 7:03 pm

I agree that the Bob Foley and Brian Loring interviews have been enlightening for me. As a fan of highly extracted “fruit bombs” these guys make wines I really enjoy!! How about interviewing some of the women on California wines? Heidi Barrett or Delia Viader or Helen Turley all make great wines.

4. 4 Jay Selman Apr 6th, 2005 at 10:15 am

Julex, I have already spoken to Heidi, but not to Delia or Helen. Where does one start with such talented people in the industry? We just got our phone system calibrated so we can do phone interviews. This will allow us to reach a more diverse group of guests.

What other fruit bombs do you like? You did not mention Shafer, but they would fit the bill IMHO.

5. 5 Julex Apr 9th, 2005 at 6:45 am

Jay, Currently I’m enjoying Gary Farrell and Sine Ann Pinots. Surh Luchtel Mosiaque, Pride Mtn. & Viader for Cab based wines. 2001 Sebastiani and Simi for everyday wines. I guess you could argue that all West Coast wines are some form of Fruit Bomb. Also I would like to pitch to you another guest for your show Randall Grahm of Bonny Doon. His opinions on American wines & wine making are refreshing different than any other I have heard.

6. 6 Jay Selman Apr 9th, 2005 at 7:06 am

An interesting choice of wines. I like the fact that you seem to have a diverse palate. Bonny Doon is an intriguing idea. Well known, but somewhat non main-stream. Thanks for the idea.

7. 7 Tim Meranda Oct 6th, 2006 at 11:59 am

Just discovered that you can go back to past shows on your website. What have I been missing. This interview is one of you best. I plan to listen to each and every show!!! Even the ones about pinot noir!

1. 1 Winery Spotlight: Shafer Vineyards at Grape Radio pingback on May 18th, 2008 at 9:23 pm