Best Wine Disaster Winner Selected

winedisasters.jpg
Winner Selected

We have chosen the winner of the “Best Wine Disaster Story Contest”. If you read any of the submissions you could certainly feel the authors pain. All the stories were memorable disasters.

The winner was selected each because of the sheer size of the disaster.

Congratulations to winner Paul Deaver. Enjoy the Alban Vineyards, Lorraine – we hope it helps makes up for all the wine you lost.

To read Paul’s winning submission click on comments button below.

To read all the submissions: Click Here

5 Responses to “Best Wine Disaster Winner Selected”

1. 1 Brian Clark May 22nd, 2005 at 2:36 pm

Winning story submission:

Paul Deaver

May 9th, 2005 at 7:10 am e

I have been collecting wine since the late 1980s. About a year ago, I moved my best bottles into new-and-improved cool storage – a refurbished Sub-Zero refrigerator made just for that. I had reds going back to the late 1970s, numerous bottles of Champagne and others, all laying nicely in the racks.

I was overseas so I don’t know how it happened… but… the door was left propped open about an inch. The Sub-Zero shut off its fans, and the 300 Watt light bulbs began cooking the contents. The corks pushed out of every bottle of wine on the top shelves. Towards the bottom, a Champagne bottle exploded, taking out everything else on that rack. When my wife found it, the bottles were too hot to touch, and the basement smelled like a cheap French cafe.

That day, I lost over 30 bottles of my best wine. (You don’t want to know the street value.)

Paul

2. 2 Noah Wang Sep 27th, 2011 at 4:02 am

Admin,

I am sure it’s hard for you to choose the winner esp. most of the submission are all memorable..

Noah Wang

3. 3 sam Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Do you have this story contest going on each year? it’s really cool and unique. But is it okay to spill and waste the wine for a photo? This is interesting but i still have doubts to use mi wine collections. Anyway, this is a good maybe I’ll just buy one for the photographic purposes. the price is awesome!

4. 4 david miller Nov 16th, 2011 at 3:03 am

My student daughter brought some chums back to our house when i was travelling. They ran out of beer and partied on my Chateau d’Yquem and a beloved bottle of Cheval Blanc :-)

1. 1 refinance trackback on Jul 10th, 2005 at 5:56 pm