The Wines of Bodegas Montecillo

spanish-montecillo.jpg
Maria Martinez-Sierra of Bodegas Montecillo Winery

Today we interview Head Wine Maker Maria Martinez-Sierra who is carrying on the long tradition of making fine wine for Bodegas Montecillo.

Founded in 1874, Bodegas Montecillo has established itself as one of the great wineries of the Rioja region. For more then 130 years Bodegas Montecillo has followed a strict protocol of producing natural full red wines.

Find more informaton about todays show at:

> Bodegas Montecillo: http://www.osborne.es/

Sponsor: The Miami Festival Season: Click Here to Learn More

Audio #34: All About Port
Audio #130: Hospice Du Rhone – The Priorat Posse
Audio #198: The Wines of Marques de Murrieta

spanish-montecillo1.jpg

spanish-montecillo2.jpg

spanish-montecillo3.jpg

12 Responses to “The Wines of Bodegas Montecillo”

1. 1 alessandro fava Apr 6th, 2006 at 2:26 am

Dear Sirs,

I kindly ask you if it is possibile to receive some labels of your wines for my private collection.

I thank you very much for your help, this is my address where you can send your labels:

ALESSANDRO FAVA

Via Bagaro 27

44100 Ferrara (Italy)

With My Best Wishes

Alessanro Fava

2. 2 barry griffin Nov 13th, 2007 at 4:45 pm

I have a bottle of 1984 bodegas montecillo vina cumbrero and wondered what the value is. thank you very much.

Barry Griffin

3. 3 GrapeRadio Bunch Nov 13th, 2007 at 6:24 pm

Barry
    Good question. I checked on http://www.wine-searcher.com and they did not have any 1984. They did have a 1981 for $90.

Brian

4. 4 Bill Connell Nov 15th, 2007 at 1:33 pm

Thanks so much for this article and interview. I found this while trying to research the value of a bottle of wine I recently bought at an estate auction – Perhaps you could help?
    It is 1978 Montecillo Vina Monty Gran Reserva – 750ml. I can’t seem to find another for sale.

Thanks,
    Bill

5. 5 Dave Jun 16th, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I love the vintage bottle. I am now thinking of making these bottles a wedding favor. They are timeless. And wine speaks of longevity—the older it is, the tastier. Ha, I have never thought much of upcoming wedding until this time.

6. 6 Sarah Jun 29th, 2011 at 10:46 am

Thank you so much for the interview! It sounds like she loves her wine and the industry. It’s interesting how she mentions that there are some changes to the wine industry that are not good for it.

7. 7 Liah Sep 1st, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Where is Bodegas Montecillo? Spain or Portugal?

8. 8 Annie Ignacio Sep 14th, 2011 at 11:13 pm

“What a GREAT wine….it has a very attracted bottle. Bodega Montecillo is a legendary and the wine speaks of longevity, amazing taste on it, very useful in classic events in life!

9. 9 beverly deutsch May 19th, 2013 at 10:51 am

I have a bottle of vista monty 1981 gran reserva rioja & was wondering what it was worth

10. 10 GrapeRadio Bunch May 19th, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Several 1981 Gran Riserva’s are from $50 upward. Unfortunately, the name Monte Vista doesn’t come up in search results.

1. 1 All About Port at Grape Radio pingback on May 18th, 2008 at 9:01 pm
  2. 2 Nose and Mouth, All at Once – Louisville Juice pingback on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 5:07 pm