The Evolution of Napa with Mike Grgich – Part 2

grgichmain.jpg

Today we conclude our conversation with Mike Grgich a living legend in the Napa Valley. Part two covers some of the cutting edge biodynamic farming practices Mike is employing in his vineyard.

Find out more about Grgich Cellars at: http://www.grgich.com/index.html

Sponsor: The Office of Champagne USA
Test your knowledge of Champagne: Quiz

Click Here: Grgich Hills Cellar

7 Responses to “The Evolution of Napa with Mike Grgich – Part 2”

1. 1 Deborah Bonser Dec 4th, 2005 at 5:24 am

So enjoyed Mike Grgich this sunday morning! Love the discussion of soil ph and microbiology. Will definitely come see for myself and taste soon. Thanks, Deborah

2. 2 GrapeRadio Crew Dec 4th, 2005 at 5:29 am

Thanks Deborah. I was thinking maybe we should do a show on Bio Dynamics. What do you think?

3. 3 Deborah Bonser Dec 4th, 2005 at 5:48 am

Jay that sounds like a great idea!

4. 4 Patrick Dec 7th, 2005 at 9:56 pm

Fantastic guest. I always feel like I am in the room with you fellas with these shows, and this was no exception. I was giddy as well, Lee I think you asked him about zin aging, I knew someone was going there at some point. Keep scoring guests like him and letting him speak about his experiences! Both shows were great, the only question that remains is what happened to the great soil doc and his pH predicament that didn’t take due to abscence of micro-organisms. What is the happy ending?
    Cheers from VA.

Patrick
    Restaurant Wine Director

5. 5 Collin Feb 10th, 2006 at 1:43 pm

What a fantastic show!!! (both of them)

I could listen to Mr. Grgich talk forever. He was so passionate about what he does & his stories were fascinating. I am intrigued with Bio Dynamics now. You should definitely do a show on it.

Also, I love the podacst. Besides the content the production value is outstanding.

Keep up the good work!
    -Collin

6. 6 Charles Brown May 7th, 2006 at 9:04 am

Thanks for the great podcast! I’ve been listening for around a year or so.

I first became aware of Grgich Hills wine through your outstanding interview with Mike Grgich. Last night I was called on to pick the wine at a dinner with my son, his fiance and her family. Since we were at a seafood restaurant I went for white. Although I had never tried it before I orderd the Grgich Hills 2002 Chardonay based soley on Mr. Grgich’s obvious passion for his wines. It was a great choice and one that I would not have made without GrapeRadio. Keep up the great work

7. 7 GrapeRadio Bunch May 7th, 2006 at 4:23 pm

Thanks for being such a loyal fan. I just love the fact that you ordered the wine based on your personal impression of Mike. This gets at the very heart of what I love most about wine. I have no doubt in my mind that you thought of the man as much as you did about the wine itself as you drank it. How cool is that?