BusinessWeek Features GrapeRadio

bwlogo.gif

BusinessWeek Online has featured GrapeRadio 2 times this month:

The first is a story about the Best of 2005. GrapeRadio was the lead choice for Podcasting. The article is titled: “Radio Dreams Come Alive In The Podcast”. Click here to read the story.

The second story was an audio interview called “GrapeRadio’s Harvest – Dollars to Wine”.

Click Below to Play the Interview:

8 Responses to “BusinessWeek Features GrapeRadio”

1. 1 Doug Smith Dec 10th, 2005 at 10:02 am

Hey guys, and wow!! That was a great and inspirational interview. I had no idea the scope you saw for Grape Radio … overseas as well? A grape radio network? Very intriguing … and your passion definitely comes through. Best of luck!

2. 2 GrapeRadio Crew Dec 10th, 2005 at 11:16 am

Thanks Doug! The best is yet to come. We are still in 1st gear but are ready to move into 2nd.

3. 3 Diana Sinclaire Dec 12th, 2005 at 7:14 am

LOVE YOUR SHOW!! It’s about time your show gets some main stream press. You do a great show in a very professional manner. This is no ham radio version!

Congratulations to Jay and Brian!

4. 4 GrapeRadio Crew Dec 12th, 2005 at 9:15 am

Don’t forget Leigh! He has the hardest job. Keeping Brian and I in line!
    In terms of ham, I am told that at times i do tend to be a ham on the mic!

5. 5 paul Dec 15th, 2005 at 10:33 pm

And here I thought Brian was just sort of a lush/wino throwing out funny comments all the time (reminds me of myself). You guys are true capitalists… (I say that with love in my heart…)

Actually I found this show very insightful. I found myself listening to the next show (not quite finished) in a different manner.

I think it was Jay who stated people who are into podcasting to make money are doing it wrong. Its all about creating the best content possible. If you create great content, then the money/benefits will fall into place. (I apologize, in advance, if my rephrasing of your coments is somewhat askew…)

Final thoughts: I enjoyed this show; I “actively” listen to all graperadio podcasts; I’m currently enjoying a 1998 Gambal Volnay Robardelle 1er Cru VV (still tannic, very dense, but yet quite enjoyable); and I still refuse to even sniff any Yellowtail product…

nothing BUT love,
    p.

6. 6 GrapeRadio Crew Dec 16th, 2005 at 11:29 am

Well I could hardly fault your taste in wine and in Podcasts. Yes, we are die hard, greedy capitalists that want to take advantage the the working masses for our own selfish needs. :-)

However, may no mistake. Brian is a lush/wino with a sick sense of humor. The stories I could tell you about his antics!

7. 7 Morten Busk Dec 19th, 2005 at 12:49 am

Great show. Very nice to hear about what you think about podcasting after I’ve been listning for a while (by the way a great way to listen is to dowload it to your iPod and listen in the car). From a business point of view – isn’t there a need for a technology that enables you to measure exactly have many listen to your shows?

By the way – instead of a french version why not consider a european version first in english?

Been posting about your show here a couple of times here econlink.dk (in danish)

8. 8 GrapeRadio Crew Dec 19th, 2005 at 7:10 am

Morten, you are correct. While we have a good way of tracking of actual downloads, we have no way of KNOWING how many listen. That being said, I still feel comfortable with the idea that most do listen. Our sponsors have liked the results of their support of ou show. In adition, how else would you explain people downloading shows other than the most current show?

The most important factor is the the compelling nature of our show. To paraphrase, nobody could listen to just one show. :-)