HiTimes Wine Cellars, Retail the Early Years

hitimemain.jpg

Estabished in 1957, Hi-Time Wine Cellars has become one of the world’s top wine merchants. Come stroll with us down memorable lane on subjects like the early years of the California wine industry, John Wayne’s drinking habits, and even a death threat to Robert Parker.

Learn more about Hi-Time Wine Cellars: www.hitimewine.com

Sponsor: The Office of Champagne USA
Test your knowledge of Champagne: Quiz

(28:32min 13 MB)

hitime1.jpg

hitime2.jpg

hitime3.jpg

hitime4.jpg

hitime5.jpg

hitime6.jpg

7 Responses to “HiTimes Wine Cellars, Retail the Early Years”

1. 1 Rob Fulton Dec 20th, 2005 at 5:22 am

In your opinion, are the Professional Bouquet Kits worth the money ($99) to expand my senses?
    I discovered your podcast a few weeks ago and love it. I have downloaded the first 25 and been listening to them over the past 2 days. I really enjoy them. I have been making wine at home from kits and I make beer too for the past 5 years.

2. 2 GrapeRadio Crew Dec 20th, 2005 at 10:57 am

I thought I was nuts for buying the TV show “24″ DVD, so I could watch it all in one weekend. Rob, you are a true fan! Thanks dude.

3. 3 Rob Fulton Dec 20th, 2005 at 11:38 am

I would be disappointed if GrapeRadio stopped. Here in the Tampa Bay area on 970 WFLA AM radio we have two shows that I enjoy on Saturdays. We have http://www.Cigar Dave.com and On the Grill with Tony Fatso. It would be nice to have a wine show too. Cigar Dave, on occasion, will have wine and spirits tastings. GrapeRadio is great because there are no commercials.

Keep up the good work! This is a great wine blog site.

Rob

4. 4 GrapeRadio Crew Dec 20th, 2005 at 11:47 am

Thanks Rob. I forgot to mention that I have not used the kit you mentioned, but I do own an aroma kit that I open once a month to keep my nose/memory intact.

5. 5 Tim Dec 22nd, 2005 at 7:18 pm

My first podcast from you guys. Nice interview with the shop owners. It makes me want to visit the cellar next time I’m in So Cal. If you are ever in the SF Bay area, you might want to stop at K&L Wines for an interview with those guys. They sell an amazing amount of wine. This is a great wine blog site.

6. 6 GrapeRadio Crew Dec 25th, 2005 at 12:09 pm

I am a customer of K & L wines. Nice deals on older wines.

1. 1 GrapeRadio – Wine Talk Show » Blog Archive » HiTimes Wine Cellars … | Sonomadiet | doing the sonoma diet you need supplementing pingback on Sep 6th, 2010 at 8:39 pm