Sauternes with Château Suduiraut

suduirautmain.jpg
Pierre Montégut – Technical Director of Château Suduiraut

The region of Sauternes is famous for making wines that are often described as majestic, rich, wonderfully sweet, and liquid gold. The fungus Botrytis Cinerea (Noble Rot) is a critical component in the creation of these sought after wines.

Château Suduiraut which is located in the Sauternes AOC of Bordeaux is a large, beautiful estate that has 187 acres of vineyards. This Premier Cru (first-growth) property is planted with about 80 percent Semillon and 20 percent Sauvignon Blanc. The Château averages 8,000 to 10,000 cases of sweet Sauternes wines each year.

To find out more about Château Suduiraut: Click Here

Sponsor: Wine Away, The Red Wine Stain Remover: wineaway.com

Click Here to Buy Wine Away Now!

suduiraut1.jpg

suduiraut2.jpg

suduiraut3.jpg

suduiraut4.jpg

suduiraut5.jpg

suduiraut6.jpg

suduiraut7.jpg

9 Responses to “Sauternes with Château Suduiraut”

1. 1 Paul Mar 6th, 2006 at 7:04 pm

Well, I’m hooked. Good work.

I’m somewhat new to wine, but I’ve had a lot of fun over the last few years increasing my knowledge and appreciation for wine by reading, drinking and now listening to GrapeRadio.

I started off with the interview with Joe Davis and the pinot wars (fantastic stuff!) and have since gone back to your first show and I’m working my way forward from there. I’m really impressed with the content. It’s both informative and entertaining.

I’ll throw my two cents in for suggested future content. When I visited Napa a couple years ago I had the pleasure of touring Schramsberg. Great tour and great people with an interesting history. I can’t remember his name, but the son in particular seemed very layed back, informative and fun to listen to. Any chance you might be able to line up someone from Schramsberg for a future show?

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Paul
    Madison, WI

2. 2 GrapeRadio Bunch Mar 6th, 2006 at 7:09 pm

Good idea Paul. We have not done any shows on sparkling wines.

3. 3 Kevin Mar 7th, 2006 at 4:02 am

Another great show! I’ve just recently been introduced to the world of dessert wines (via my WSET class) from botrytis affected grapes. I prefer Tokaji Aszu, but am very excited about tasting more wines from Sauternes and Barsac.

I second the notion of a show on sparkling wine, my favorite category.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Canton, GA

4. 4 RW Mar 7th, 2006 at 8:01 am

Schramsberg would be an awesome show. That is definately my favorite California sparkling wine. Looking forward to it and any other wineries that are in that category. Would be fun to hear some food pairing as well for each one.

5. 5 mel hill Mar 7th, 2006 at 12:21 pm

I heard Eric Anderson chime in on the intro to this show. Has Eric joined the crew at GR?

Best,
    Mel

6. 6 GrapeRadio Bunch Mar 7th, 2006 at 12:38 pm

Yes sir, he has. Not full time of course (Grape-Nutzs prevents him from spreading himself that thin). He will join us whenever he can. I have already put his name on the studio chair. He insisted his chair be set higher than the rest of us. :-)

I could not be happier.

7. 7 Tim Meranda Mar 9th, 2006 at 2:29 pm

Just when I think your podcast can’t get any better you raise the bar. This show was a 40 minute post graduate degree in Sauternes. I went into this show knowing very little and now I feel as if I have a handle on this exciting type of wine. Hats off to the crew.

8. 8 GrapeRadio Bunch Mar 12th, 2006 at 7:43 am

Howdy Tim. Maybe this podcast was better was because both Brian and I just LOVE dessert wines.

9. 9 Tom Stutz May 29th, 2007 at 3:32 pm

Looking over your archive and ran across this interview. Have loved these wines. My all time ‘best’ wine (with 30+ years in the industry) was a V1970 Suduiraut drunk in 2005. Absolutely taking wine experience to another level. Thanks for the show (as always). Tom