Staglin Family Vineyard – Video

Welcome to our first video podcast. This show is designed to enhance your GrapeRadio Experience.

Check it out and let us know what you think. Enjoy!

Click Here to Download File

If you enjoyed this episode check out these other related shows:

Audio #15: Shafer Vineyards with Doug Shafer
Audio #16: The Wines of Bob Foley
Audio #93: Mondavi – 40 Years In Napa
Audio #103: Bo Barrett and Ch. Montelena
Audio #108: Winery Profile: Trefethen Vineyards
Audio #125: Winery Profile: Staglin Family
Audio #148: Wine Maker Profile: Mike Trujillo
Audio #197: The Wines of Dunn Vineyards

15 Responses to “Staglin Family Vineyard – Video”

1. 1 Brian Crabtree Dec 25th, 2006 at 11:12 pm

This was an interesting and educational program. Most of the concepts have been included in earlier programs, but being able to see what is being discussed really adds to the learning value. The camera work was very professional, very impressive! The length of the program was good, not too long, which is important since I have to sit and watch instead of merely listen. My only suggestion is to introduce yourselves more at the beginning even though regular listeners know who you are. Thanks for a very nice piece.

2. 2 Bill Geoghegan Dec 27th, 2006 at 2:33 pm

Excellent job! I like the overall format that you’re using for the video podcast. I normally listen to Grape Radio when I’m in the car, or when I’m out walking; and this format wouldn’t do much on those occasions. But using a short video for shows that require images for the subject to be fully appreciated is ideal for home listening (or even office listening if you can get away with it…). Maybe one a month would be a good mix. Thanks for trying this out.

3. 3 Tim Elliott Dec 28th, 2006 at 4:50 pm

Great job, guys! I’m gonna have to blog about this…

4. 4 Jim Cramer Dec 28th, 2006 at 5:04 pm

It was really interesting to be able to see in addition to hear. I thought the Staglins were a bit nervous in the beginning and then become very comfortable. It was very nice to see the wines up close, especially when they were showing the distance between the vines and the pruning of the clusters.

The show seemed quite a bit shorter than normal. I agree with the note above — for a visual show this seemed to work better.

One final comment: I just finished listening to the 5 part series on Santa Rita — I thought it was absolutely terrific. I mention it here because I am glad it was voice only — it seemed to fit that show well. I very definitely want to have the option to listen only for shows that have so much educational content.

Thanks for all the great shows.

BTW, I bought some Chardonnay from Clos Pepe because of the show.

5. 5 GrapeRadio Bunch Dec 28th, 2006 at 8:54 pm

Howdy guys, sorry about the late response, but I just got back from a video shoot we are doing. 6 hours of raw video and not even close to being done on this little project.

For the videos (with the exception of the project I mentioned), we will keep them short. Bottom line, if its not a strong visual, it’s not likely to be kept in the final video.

I want to see us produce 2 per month, but they are very expensive to produce, so we have to keep it under control.

P.S. Jim, I think it is way cool that you were motivated by our show. Thanks for telling us.

6. 6 Eric Rayburn Dec 29th, 2006 at 4:15 pm

The video was a “bunch” of fun! Having tasted at Staglin in October it was nice to see the place again. The production of the video was well done. Keep up the good work fellas.

7. 7 Garen Staglin Dec 31st, 2006 at 5:40 pm

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to be the “premier” of your video series. We appreciated the opportunity to tell the story of Staglin Family Vineyard in such a comfortable and professional manner. Please come back and see us again and invite your viewers to do so also when your travels bring you to the Napa Valley.

8. 8 JT Jan 2nd, 2007 at 2:10 pm

Just wondering if there were any reports of people having trouble with the video.
    I just got a new iPod – 30 gig with video, and after I downloaded this episode to iTunes, I synched up and got ready to watch. The podcast began, but the video stayed on the first picture and never moved from there. The audio was normal.
    When I play the podcast on my pc using iTunes, I can watch the video normally. FWIW, this happened with that other video one you did – introducing the staff of Graperadio. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

9. 9 GrapeRadio Bunch Jan 3rd, 2007 at 10:13 am

JT,

We have not had any reports of problems, I also loaded the video to 30 gig video ipod and did not have any issues. maybe try deleting the video and reloading. Let us know how it goes.

Brian

10. 10 Rick Jan 5th, 2007 at 2:02 pm

I greatly enjoyed the video look. Next time, perhaps, the video could present new information not found in the audio version. The duplication of material was a disappointment.

Thanks for the effort. I love the podcasts.

11. 11 Dale Struble Jan 5th, 2007 at 5:50 pm

This is awesome! I have been a listener for a long time, but to see the Rutherford dust, the 6 feet of soil that drains so well is very interesting. Thanks! Do more of this.

Dale

12. 12 Carl Solley Jan 15th, 2007 at 11:51 am

I learned more in this one video about growing wine grapes than spending 6 weeks in Europe on a wine tour. I am very visual and appreciate the video. Thanks Grape radio, and you made a listener out of me.

1. 1 Winery Spotlight: Shafer Vineyards at Grape Radio pingback on May 18th, 2008 at 9:24 pm
  2. 2 Winemaker Spotlight: Bob Foley at Grape Radio pingback on May 18th, 2008 at 9:24 pm
  3. 3 Family Video pingback on Nov 19th, 2008 at 11:22 pm