Global Cooperation to Protect Wine Origins

07joint1main.jpg

Special Report: News Conference, Washington DC – Thirteen representatives from many of the world’s most prominent wine regions came together to declare their agreement to the principle of protecting the name and place of origin of wines on the wine labels.

Representatives from Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Jerez, Champagne, Chianti Classico, Western Australia, Walla Walla, Paso Robles, and many others agreed to support The Joint Declaration to Protect Wine Place and Origin.

The original 2005 Napa Declaration can be heard on GrapeRadio: Click Here

More Information:

Protect Place: www.protectplace.com
Download Event Press Release: Click Here

6 Responses to “Global Cooperation to Protect Wine Origins”

1. 1 Jim Cramer Mar 25th, 2007 at 8:26 am

Hi!

Just wanted to say I have been enjoying Grape Radio Italia as much as the U.S. version.

I sincerely hope things are going well for them and that they will be doing many many more shows.

In my opinion they are doing an excellent job. I have sent them an email also.

Thanks, long time listener, and sometimes commenter, Jim Cramer

2. 2 Denis Neary Mar 25th, 2007 at 9:13 am

I am new to wine but I can’t think of a more important aspect in wine then truth in labeling. I know that there have been many court battles regarding this from Bronco wine company who was using Napa Ridge or some other misleading terms for there wines from the central valley of California. Champagne is of course the big one. I dont mind buying sparling wine from california – often it is a better value – but I think all should know it is not Champagne. I must admit I have called CA sparkling wines Champagne many times by mistake and it is a hard habit to break.

3. 3 Vin Caché Mar 25th, 2007 at 3:30 pm

I just found your site, and I think it’s wonderful. Not only entertaining, but informative.

4. 4 Steve Mar 26th, 2007 at 2:06 pm

I didn’t see Temecula on the list of attendees.

5. 5 GrapeRadio Bunch Mar 26th, 2007 at 4:10 pm

One day, Steve, one day.

Eric

6. 6 David Gregory Aug 4th, 2009 at 5:38 pm

I agree with Steve. Temecula wineries are producing first class one. South Coast Winery has won the top awards at the California State fair two years in a row. It seems like Temecula is the Rodney Dangerfield of the wine making world. Eric, if you want to try some really outstanding Big Red wines, you need to try Wiens Family Cellars http://WiensCellars.com and Falkner Winery FalknerWinery.com. All three of these wineries as well as the 30+ others deserve a seat at the table.