Joint Declaration to Protect Wine Place & Origin – Video

Welcome to our video podcast – 2007 Joint Delaration to Protect Wine Place & Origin. This show is designed to enhance your GrapeRadio Experience.

Click Here to Download File

9 Responses to “Joint Declaration to Protect Wine Place & Origin – Video”

1. 1 Mike Apr 5th, 2007 at 9:51 am

I understad the idea of protecting the lowest tier consumer from region fruad, but isn’t this sort of a club member inclusive only. I mean that the parties that have something to gain join (their own well recognized name), but the parties that can profit won’t join.

Its sort of like a rule of the red bandana club is that you can only wear a red bandana if you’re part of the red bandana club; but, since you’re not part of the club you don’t have to obey their rules and so you wear a red bandana. If only the members obey the rules then it doesn’t solve the problem of non members breaking the rules (ie: US copyright law doesn’t apply in Taiwan, so they are free to do whatever they want, or place origin wines are protected by those willing to respect their designation and China can still put out plonk named Phelps Insignia).

I guess what I mean to say is: WHOOPPIE who cares? Seems like the event was just an occasion to drink wine, something that doesn’t need an occasion… except maybe in DC.

But on the other hand, it was a super grape radio episode, great video, and its good to see Eric and Jay be goofballs in suits. The Grape Radio fellows are alway entertaining.

2. 2 GrapeRadio Bunch Apr 5th, 2007 at 10:27 am

Goofballs?

3. 3 Mark Ryan Apr 5th, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Does having dress shoes with a concealed metal plate that repeatedly set off the metal detector qualify for being a “goofball”?

Mark

4. 4 GrapeRadio Bunch Apr 5th, 2007 at 1:30 pm

Well, we were going for madcap, but goofball will do.

Eric

5. 5 Mike Apr 5th, 2007 at 9:23 pm

Jay is there anything more endearing than goofball?

6. 6 GrapeRadio Bunch Apr 6th, 2007 at 4:52 am

ENDEARING? Thats worse! Now I feel like a puppy dog! :-)

Mark, I am going to bring my own camera next time. Film anyone long enough they are bound to look silly! However, I must confess, it does not take long with me.

Mike, one of the complaints I have about the wine video I have seen on TV is that nobody looks like they are having fun. I would stop today if GR ever became a job, or even “just something I do”. Eric was joking in his comment. What you see on the GR video fairly represents who I am. Goofy, passionate, focused, curious, and most of all, loving my life.

7. 7 Rick Apr 6th, 2007 at 6:41 am

This one was like CSPAN and just about as exciting. Loved the Napa Auction episodes, though.

8. 8 Rick Apr 8th, 2007 at 6:41 pm

My apologies. I just saw the video version. This was a MUCH better video than audio podcast. Sorry for the harsh comment.

9. 9 GrapeRadio Bunch Apr 8th, 2007 at 8:59 pm

Rick, if you think your comment was harsh, then you must think we have thin skins. :-)

I must confess that the press conference did not exactly curl my toes. But this is more important to the consumer than most of us realize.

However, the reception afterwards was way fun.