Burgundy and the World of Pinot Noir

08wopn7.jpg

If you are into Pinot Noir, seminars on the subject are almost always interesting. But, what really gets all of the pinophiles attention and turns them into Burg-heads, is the opportunity to hear more about the Holy Grail of Pinot Noir – Burgundy. Join us as we listen to Allen Meadows take us on a journey to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé and Domaine Michel Gros, as he discusses the 1996, 1999, and 2000 vintages with these two iconic producers.

Sponsor: Wine Blue Book, Wine Buying Guide: www.WinBlueBook.com

(1:48:14 min 78 MB)

10 Responses to “Burgundy and the World of Pinot Noir”

1. 1 David Klinger Feb 4th, 2008 at 6:46 pm

it was great listening to Allen Meadows, Michel Gros, and Jean-Luc Pépin talk about Burgundy. Could have listened for hours more… though it would have been even better to attend their seminar I’m sure …

2. 2 GrapeRadio Bunch Feb 5th, 2008 at 2:56 pm

It’s a tough job, but someone needs to do it.

3. 3 Jim Cramer Feb 7th, 2008 at 9:53 pm

Allen Meadows was more amazing this year than last in demonstrating the depth of his knowledge of Burgundy and his French. Jay, as the only one there from the GrapeRadio team, I am very curious – did Allen Meadows recite the family history of Michel Gros from memory without notes? If so, it was incredible.

One of the things that is so amazing about these kinds of shows is how much you pick up about growing grapes, more in depth information than the high level descriptions. It is facinating. And I have to say – this year my mouth was watering when the vintners were describing their wines.

And what a great benefit to be able to listen to a seminar like this. It is incredible value that you are offering your listeners.

4. 4 Tony G Feb 9th, 2008 at 6:45 am

As always Allen Meadows is inspiring! What a great and insightful seminar even though Allen uses the same jokes time and time again (lol). I think that the two episodes way back “Burgundy w/ the Burghound” are two of my absolute favorites from GR!

Do any of you subscribe to the Burghound? I’m thinking about subscribing but don’t know much about it except what the website states. Thanks for the help!

~Tony Guzzo

5. 5 GrapeRadio Bunch Feb 9th, 2008 at 7:08 am

I am a subscriber. To me, it’s an easy choice. If his reviews help you find 1 or 2 wine gems per year then the price of the subscription is a bargain.

6. 6 Francis DeRoos Feb 11th, 2008 at 7:52 am

I agree with Jay. I began my subscription after the first Grape Radio interview and I’ve found the on line tasting notes database to be a fantastic resource to research purchases as well as to learn about wine you’ve tasted or already own. It’s the same detailed information about vintages, winemakers, and vineyards that we just heard but in much smaller, digestable bites.

7. 7 David Bueker Feb 16th, 2008 at 2:13 pm

Another great show. While I’m not a big Cali Pinot fan, I do love Burgundy & Allen Meadows is a fantastic resource. Also the guests were both great & the whole show just made me thirsty for the de Vogue wines in my cellar.

8. 8 Howard Cooper Apr 3rd, 2008 at 10:05 am

Great episode. I really loved listening to then talk. I only wish it had gone on for a few more hours.

9. 9 GrapeRadio Bunch Apr 3rd, 2008 at 7:26 pm

Howard, I would be happy to do lmany more shows like this one.
    hay

1. 1 Great wine podcasts - and great geek cheat sheet « Goat at Large pingback on May 16th, 2008 at 3:22 pm