Domaine Jacques-Frédéric Mugnier

08wopn1.jpg

One of the highlights of the 2008 World of Pinot Noir was the Wines of Domaine Jacques-Frédéric Mugnier. It was billed as a seminar, but it was really more like sitting down with one of the foremost authorities on Burgundy, Allen Meadows (Burghound.com), and the highly respected producer Frédéric (Freddy) Mugnier to sample and discuss the wines of his domaine.

Join us as Allen and Freddy lead us through what could easily be called among the purest wines in Burgundy.

For more info on the wines of Domaine Jacques-Frederic Mugnier: www.mugnier.fr

Sponsor: Bagged Wine – Blind Wine Tasting Kits: www.baggedwine.com

(1:22:47 min 59MB)

8 Responses to “Domaine Jacques-Frédéric Mugnier”

1. 1 Tony Aug 13th, 2008 at 9:30 am

As always… Allen Meadows is inspiring!

Great show guys! I always enjoy when you broadcast seminars.

2. 2 Colin Smith Aug 13th, 2008 at 3:57 pm

This wasn’t a podcast it was a feature length radio piece of education!! It was well worth finding the time to listen to. And don’t worry about the sound quality. I put the podcast onto CD and listened during a long car journey and could hear every word.

As a WSET Diploma student, more of the same please.

3. 3 GrapeRadio Bunch Aug 14th, 2008 at 8:52 am

Guys, we like posting these seminars because it’s like a free education by the masters of their field. I can never get enough myself.

Tony, Allen is a cool cat. IMHO, he would be surprised to hear people say that he is inspiring. Mr Meadows is not only for wine geeks!

4. 4 Neal Clark Aug 15th, 2008 at 7:12 am

I agree with the other comments. I really enjoy the seminars, especially the Pinot and Riesling ones. I found it interesting that Allen mentioned that he felt like he was giving too much background information on Burgundy, since he felt most of the people in the room knew Burgundy. But for those of us listening, who are still learning this complex wine region, Allen, keep the information flowing. I throughly enjoyed it.

Neal Clark

5. 5 David Bueker Aug 15th, 2008 at 2:55 pm

You guys are lifesavers. Every time I have a long plane ride coming up you give me something great to listen to. Fantastic as usual.

6. 6 Dan Hagerty Aug 15th, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Always love the seminars, especially when A Meadows is involved.

Dan H.

7. 7 Jason A Aug 18th, 2008 at 9:43 am

Another gem from Alan Meadows and the Grape Radio Team. I think you could have Alan read the phone book and keep people entertained. But not to upstage his fabulous guest, Freddy Muginer. I especially enjoyed both his and Alan’s point of reinforcing that wine is made in the vineyard and all of the hard work that is spent in the vineyard allows the winemaker to stay hands-off in the cellar.

The most interesting part of the podcast for me came in from Freddy on his response to the question of organic and biodynamic practices in the vineyard – particularly the use of sulphur to treat mildew. The use of sulphur and the “Bordeaux mix” appears to be the one common exception that winemakers practicing organic viticulture concede in treating mildew. I would be very interested to hear more about the accumulative effects of sulfur in the soil and the alternatives employed in its absence – winemakers and viticulturists please feel free to chime in.

Best,
    Jason

8. 8 zayıflama Jan 21st, 2009 at 4:23 am

thank you. very good article