Brian Clark Injured in Car Accident

09bc1main.jpgAs you may know, our friend and colleague Brian Clark was injured in a terrible traffic accident in Paso Robles earlier this month.

A blood drive has been planned for Wednesday, March 18, from noon to 6pm. For local folks the information is below. Due to limited time slots it is important to have everyone make an appointment online.

Brian Clark Blood Drive

When:
March 18th
Wednesday
Noon to 6:00

Location:
Tustin Hospital
14662 Newport Ave
Tustin, CA. 92780
Tel. 714. 669-5881

Please open this following link and make your reservation:

Sponsor code: THMC

* The Red Cross can handle 3 to 4 people at a time, every 20 minutes. It is imperative that, with the limited amount of spaces available, everyone signs up via the e-donor registration.

Overflow:
Everyone wants to help but with the limited amount of reservations available, people can also give blood at the following blood drives that are also running during this upcoming week:

Sunday March 15th, 10:00 to 4:00
Sheriffs Academy
15991 Armstrong
Tustin CA. 92782
code: ocrsta

Monday March 16th, 1:00 to 7:00
B’nai Israel
2111 Bryan
Tustin, CA. 92780
code: B’nai

Monday March 16th, 9:00 to 3:00
Orange County Fire Authority
1 fire authority road
code: ocfa

*If you are out of the Orange County Area and wish to locate a place to donate blood in your area, please visit http://www.givelife.org

36 Responses to “Brian Clark Injured in Car Accident”

1. 1 Sean Z. Mar 12th, 2009 at 10:23 am

Very glad to hear that Brain is getting better.

Can’t be there physically to help but best wishes to Brian for a speedy recovery.

2. 2 Jay Selman Mar 12th, 2009 at 10:46 am

I am going to kick his ass for pushing himself so hard.

3. 3 Vicki Carroll Mar 12th, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Our best wishes for a full and rapid recovery go out to Brian.
    Vicki

4. 4 Rob K. Mar 12th, 2009 at 2:42 pm

I’m a big fan of the show and was shocked to hear of Brian’s accident. I guess as a dedicated listener you unconsciously feel as if you are some small part of the Grape Radio family? I was unexpectedly quite saddening by the bad news.

Bro: Be strong, stay positive, and recover well.

5. 5 Mike Holland Mar 12th, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Our prayers go out to Brian and his family. GR will be missed at the Family Winery events this coming week.

I donate platelets regularly – most recently last Saturday as a matter of fact. As they say, you never know when someone in your life will need blood or platelets. It’s a great public service anyone can perform.

It’s a lot easier than doing what Brian does! Do it!!

6. 6 Andrew Cheese Mar 12th, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Sorry I am not in California to help as I do regularly give blood.

I hope Brian pulls through quickly.

7. 7 Ryan Mar 13th, 2009 at 1:49 am

I hope Brian has a speedy recovery!

8. 8 JASON Mar 13th, 2009 at 4:33 am

i hope that brian recovers and i am sad to hear this news.
    jason, fribourg, switzerland

9. 9 Cesar Mar 13th, 2009 at 4:40 am

To Brian and his family my thoughts go out to you for a quick and complete recovery. To the Grape Radio family as well I wish the best, and thanks for a well done, entertaining, insightful show.

10. 10 David Fang Mar 13th, 2009 at 5:05 am

Brian, all the best for a quick and complete recovery! Please keep us updated on how you’re doing!

11. 11 Laura Clark Mar 13th, 2009 at 7:58 am

Thank you for all your kind words of encouragement for Brian. He’s a tough guy and we believe he will recover fully. Brian loves GrapeRadio and enjoys hearing from listeners. We will ensure he gets to see all of your comments.

Keep listening! Brian will be back!

Warmly,

Laura Clark
    (Brian’s Wife)

12. 12 Felix Warners Mar 13th, 2009 at 8:38 am

All the best to Brian and his family, let’s hope for a quick and full recovery.
    Looking forward hearing his voice again soon in a new episode of your great show.

13. 13 Tim Meranda Mar 13th, 2009 at 9:09 am

Can’t make your blood drive so I went to the local red cross to donate in Brian’s name. They said they couldn’t do it because my blood didn’t match his. Mine was zinfandel and his was syrah.

Best of luck in a speedy recovery.

14. 14 Joseph Levine Mar 13th, 2009 at 10:30 am

I was shocked to read about the accident. I will try to keep Brian and his family in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated on his progress.

15. 15 Scott Hendley Mar 13th, 2009 at 12:11 pm

We East Coast GR fans are rooting for Brian and wishing him a quick, full recovery.

16. 16 Crystal Mar 13th, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Brian
    Wishing you a full and speedy recovery. my prayers are with you and your family.

17. 17 Dezel Mar 13th, 2009 at 7:37 pm

Wishing good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery – love you guys show! Get better soon man :)

Dezel

18. 18 John Mar 14th, 2009 at 8:09 am

Brian,

Get better soon! This is the best show on the web and the learning opportunities are endless.

John

19. 19 GrapeRadio Bunch Mar 14th, 2009 at 4:03 pm

From Brian’s doctor:

Quick update on Brian for Saturday, March 14, 2009.

Brian is still on the ventilator. His oxygen level is not yet at the level they want before weaning. They will try again early next week. Clots should “dissolve” by then as well, also helping his lung function. No additional clots as a venous filter has been placed to catch any other potential clots. He is comfortable and sedated. Should be a quiet weekend with everyone getting some rest.

I am still encouraged as each day of stability is another day closer to coming home.

In preparation for Brian’s return, let’s have a great turn out for the blood drive. Encourage those who have not yet signed up to donate at the alternate sites (or any other Red Cross blood drive) and email me that they have done so. Matt Stewart has informed me that we could possibly be looking at 1000 units being donated in Brian’s name across the country.

Let’s keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

20. 20 Ray Walker Mar 14th, 2009 at 7:06 pm

Brian, my family is keeping your family in their prayers. Keep getting better, and we all look forward to you returning to being an entertaining and thought provoking voice in this wine world.

21. 21 Grace Hoffman Mar 15th, 2009 at 7:06 am

Brian,

I am praying for your speedy recovery! I don’t live in California so I am unable to give blood but I am pulling for you and you’re in my thoughts.

Grace Hoffman,

wine advisor/reviewer

22. 22 Jon Bjork Mar 15th, 2009 at 9:08 am

Brian,

Our entire family has kept you in our prayers. We’ll keep them up till you’re back in the studio. Hang in there!

Jon Bjork

23. 23 Nancy Dolce Mar 15th, 2009 at 9:55 am

A San Diego fan of GR, I send good thoughts to Brian for a full and speedy recovery and look forward to hearing his voice on the podcast as soon as he is able.

24. 24 Ramon Mar 15th, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Brian – you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Get well buddy! I look forward to the day when we can share a glass or two.

25. 25 Jackie Nicholson Mar 16th, 2009 at 7:47 am

Brian,
    You and your family are in our prayers now and always. We pray for your speedy recovery and for you to come home very soon. God bless you and your family.

26. 26 Kevin Karl Mar 17th, 2009 at 8:39 am

Thinking about Brian in the Midwest with fingers crossed.

27. 27 paul r Mar 17th, 2009 at 11:26 am

i am anxiously awaiting brian uttering “awesome!” on future grape radio shows.

best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. i’m thinking about you.

paul.

28. 28 Becky Sue Epstein Mar 17th, 2009 at 11:27 am

Brian’s a great guy — I traveled with him in Germany last September.
    I just happened upon this startling news of his accident — any more news of his health?

Also, with a few phonecalls I discovered that if you can’t give blood, you can send a monetary donation.(This is what I’m doing).
    Anything is OK, even $10 or $20. Send it to:

attn: Finance Dept.
    Red Cross
    100 Red Cross Circle
    Pomona CA 91768

ON THE CHECK write in the memo line “So. Cal. Blood Services — for Brian Clark”

the phone number there is 909.859.7000

Becky Sue Epstein
    International Wine & Food Writer

29. 29 GrapeRadio Bunch Mar 17th, 2009 at 11:29 am

Thanks Becky. This is very helpful information.

Eric

30. 30 Rob Dougan Mar 17th, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Thinking about Brian in London. Sending thoughts and strength his way.

31. 31 Shorty Clarke Mar 18th, 2009 at 8:54 am

Best wishes and prayers from Idaho.

32. 32 Tim Beauchamp Mar 18th, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Best wishes to Brian, his family and friends. Hope for a quick and complete recovery.

33. 33 John D Mar 18th, 2009 at 7:26 pm

Having listened to every single podcast over the years I feel like I know Brian even though we haven’t met. I am praying for his speedy recovery and quick return to this wonderful program. Tell him we’re pulling for him!

34. 34 Nat Collins Mar 19th, 2009 at 9:58 am

Please let Brian and his wife that a Grape Radio fan (me) gave blood today in San Jose in support of Brian’s recovery. Best of luck for a speedy one!

Nat Collins
    Santa Clara, CA

35. 35 Natalie Mar 20th, 2009 at 8:38 am

What terrible news! I’m so sorry and I hope you feel better soon, Brian. I love your show and I can’t wait for you to share your passion with us again soon!
    Sincerely,
    Natalie
    Kansas City, MO

36. 36 Ares Vista May 19th, 2009 at 8:48 am

I am also a fan of the show, and Brian’s recovery is great news! We will continue to pray for his full recovery, and thanks for keeping us updated.