The 2010 World of Pinot Noir

Welcome to our video podcast: The 2010 World of Pinot Noir – Video Show #90.

Join us at the 2010 World of Pinot Noir in beautiful Shell Beach, CA as we ask the really, really, really hard pinot noir questions that must be answered!

– Why is Pinot Noir a good wine for Newbies?
– It is said that Pinot Noir Wears many different clothes, how do you like t dressed?
– What type of music reminds you of Pinot Noir?
– Why is it said that Pinot Noir is a white wine masquerading as a red wine?
– What is a “Burgundian-Style” Pinot Noir?

Tickets are now available for the 2011 World of Pinot Noir. Sign up at: www.worldofpinotnoir.com

Sponsor: Hearts Delight Wine Tasting Auction: www.heartsdelightwineauction.org

Right Click Here to Download File and iPhone users – Click here to View Video

6 Responses to “The 2010 World of Pinot Noir”

1. 1 gdfo Dec 9th, 2010 at 7:21 am

Are Newbies from Newbia? Do they grow Pinot there?
    What kind of music reminds you of Pinot Noir?

Is this artilce targeted at persons that are old enough to drink wine?

2. 2 gdfo Dec 9th, 2010 at 9:42 am

The only question at the top that really has a bearing on Pinot discussions is’ what is a ‘burgundian-style’ Pinot Noir?”

You might as well ask.. ‘why is —– a good wine for new wine drinkers?

Newbies is somewhat of a put down term.

3. 3 GrapeRadio Bunch Dec 10th, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Newbies was not intended as a put down, but I can understand your point. What is a neutral term?

4. 4 krushgrapz Jan 3rd, 2011 at 11:14 pm

As a winemaker who hates many of these questions (and I hear them more than one might think), I have been wincing my way through this segment. I agree that to some of us the questions seem a bit insipid. But, not the answers. The winemakers and principles interviewed seemed sincere in trying to convey the reasoning behind what they do. And, like most things, when taken off-guard or out of context that might be interpreted incorrectly.
    Look at WOPN as an opportunity to get close to the people that care enough to craft beautiful wines.
    Winemakers are solitary. We are, for the most part, hermits. Rarely do we get in a space together. And, even less frequently, do have the opportunity to share what we do, let alone vocalize about it. WOPN is the chance to see (and taste) the fruits of our labor and, at the same time, have a dialogue about what YOU love. We share our insight, but YOU share your passion for what you love about Pinot noir- maybe that would be a much more embarrassing film segment…
    My point is that WOPN is a rare opportunity that combines both polished wines and real dialogue and there are very few venues for that…
    Vive la WOPN, regardless of whether your wine is a Virgo, listens to the Dixie Chicks, and wears ripped jeans. That is just white noise… the real point is that there is no other gathering of wines and winemakers quite like WOPN.

5. 5 GrapeRadio Bunch Jan 3rd, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Wow,what a great post. Obviously, the questions were posed were more than slightly TIC. Sometimes I find myself wincing at a winemakers answers to questions. Sometimes I just want to LOL.

Your point about the unique nature of WOPN is what draws me to it every year. Winemakers let their hair down ( if they have any) and seem to reenergize when surrounded by so many that share this same obsession of ours.

P.s Love your wines. I bought a couple magnums recently. Hope I can keep my hands off them until they are ready.

6. 6 Wine2Three May 15th, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Just back from Oregon’s Willamette Valley & sipping my way through many lovely Pinot Noirs & talking to many passionate winemakers & I have to agree with some of the above comments about the nature of the questions. I’d love to see less of the ‘what clothing/music does your Pinot do’ and more questions that get sincere, heartfelt responses from the winemakers, questions like:

-why is Pinot Noir called the heartbreak grape?
    -what do you love the most about making Pinot Noir?
    -what is the biggest challenge about growing & making Pinot Noir?

LOVE hearing from the winemakers & hope you do another similar video at the 2011 World of Pinot Noir!