Tour of Chile – Part 2

11chile2main.jpg

Join us for Part 2, as we talk with representatives from Casa Lapostolle, Viña Montes, Viñedos y Bodega Apaltagua, and Cousiño Macul.

For More Information: www.casalapostolle.com

Viñedos y Bodega Apaltagua – www.apaltagua.com

Cousiño Macul – www.cousinomacul.com

Viña Montes – www.monteswines.com

Sponsor: Wine Berserkers – Wine Board: www.wineberserkers.com

(32:59min 23MB)

8 Responses to “Tour of Chile – Part 2”

1. 1 WineVine Imports Aug 12th, 2011 at 1:54 pm

We are planning a trip to Chile. Researching ideas for places to visit and wines to sip. Thanks for the suggestions!

2. 2 Spa In Napa Aug 20th, 2011 at 7:57 am

Chile is such a beautiful country – I was there a few years ago. One of your interviewees mentioned about how long the country is. Fact is it’s almost half the length of South America’s west coast! So yes, there are a multitude of climates with which to grow (or attempt to grow) vineyards.

I liked Andrea’s (I think that was her name) answer to your question about which wine she has the most affinity to growing – and her answer was, “that’s like asking me which child I like the best!” LOL

Bob

3. 3 Jay Selman Aug 20th, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Andrea embodies everything I want to see and hear from a winemaker. She is truly magical.

4. 4 Andrea Sep 5th, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Thanks Jay for the compliments!!! You made my Monday ( ;

5. 5 Matt Sep 5th, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Good piece, Andrea does come across well. I agree she’s an excellent winemaker. She also makes a magical wife!

6. 6 Andrew King Sep 5th, 2011 at 3:54 pm

It’s fascinating reading your article and the subsequent comments – our own family have been in the wine-making business for generations (although I personally steered away into the marine diesel business, just to be the odd one out *haha*).

Talking about Chile: My brother owns a large vineyard in the Barossa Valley in South Australia. Instead of employing local growers and consultants (of which their are no shortage), he sponsored a group of Chileans from Valle de Maipo to come out and walk for him, simply because (as he said) “Their ‘real back to basics’ approach to wine-making makes many of the more sophisticated wine-making operations look second-rate as far as the end product is concerned.

Not trying to be ‘off-topic’ with my comment, but just thought you’d find it interesting all the same.

7. 7 GrapeRadio Bunch Sep 13th, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Andrew, I find it interesting that it is not uncommon to find winemakers working outside of Chile but have spent an “internship” in Chile.

1. 1 Wines of Chile» Blog Archive » Grape Radio Takes the Chile Tour pingback on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 12:03 pm